|Peter And Kerry|
1. I’m trying to find the words for all the things I don’t want to feel any more, but the rain keeps falling and falling and I find myself staring at walls, and everything else just seems to fade away…
2. I read somewhere that a scientist has succeeded in making a ‘ghost heart’. Essentially, an artificial scaffold that could possibly replace a real heart. Do you think if I wrote to her, maybe she could give me one too?
3. This morning he kissed me goodbye and as soon as the door closed, and before I could think, I wiped my lips with my sheet. I’m sorry. It’s not you. (But it is.) (It really is.)
4. It was never about you and me. Never about how much you cared or how little I tried to. It was never about love or a connection of souls. It was never about growing old or growing close. It was running and running and running and running. Always running.
5. You were a slip of the tongue. You were a moment of delirium. You were a sucker punch to the gut. You were one hand between my thighs and one hand around my wrist. You were my first breath and my last hope.
6. And the rest is silence.
~ N.G ‘Where are you now.’
When we hold each other, in the darkness, it doesn’t make the darkness go away. The bad things are still out there. The nightmares still walking. When we hold each other we feel not safe, but better. ‘It’s all right,’ we whisper, ‘I’m here, I love you.’ and we lie: ‘I’ll never leave you.’ For just a moment or two the darkness doesn’t seem so bad.
~ Neil Gaiman, Neil Gaiman’s Midnight Days (via larmoyante)